Seaching for information about Fort Craig, I found this link from 30 August 1998 Albuquerque Journal article titled "Desolate Outpost".
Fort Craig was a military fort 35 south of Socorro, New Mexico. Not much remains of the post, just a few crumbling adobe buildings. However, the history of the fort is fascinating. Please read the article.
I've also found these two links that are interesting:
* Images of Old Fort Craig and Valverde, New Mexico
* Fort Craig, New Mexico
* Fort Craig National Historic Site
* Graverobbers desecrate and loot Ft. Craig, N.M., cemetery
* Government Secretly Exhumes Bodies at Historic Cemetery After Grave Looting Tip
* Old West Mystery, Solved in D.C.