The Baca / Douglas Genealogy and Family History Blog

26 May 2007

Military records are free on-line until D-Day

Military records are free on Ancestry.com until June 6, 2007, the anniversary of D-Day. I am taking the opportunity to search for records - you should, too.

I've already found a number of World War I draft cards on my ancestors and other relatives. I'll post their information on this blog later.

One of the things that I found interesting on the site are actual World War II newsreels. I plan to use them when I teach school next semester - if I get a job by then. By the way, I finally got my BA in Education! Woo Hoo! I'm applying at schools here in Albuquerque, NM and the surrounding communities. Please post on this site if you have any leads for a middle school or high school social studies teacher position. Thanks.

No comments: