The Baca / Douglas Genealogy and Family History Blog

31 December 2016

2017 Genealogy Resolutions

Well, it's that time again: 2016 is about to close. It is time to make genealogy resolutions.

For 2016, I said that I was going to do three things:
1. I was going to enter enough names in my genealogy database to have 10,000 names. Well, this is what actually happened:

 
As you can see, as of a few minutes ago, I have only 8,613 names in my database. I'm 1,400 short. I chalk this up to making sure my database included quality research, rather than quantity. Right.
 
2. I said that I would publish a book on the Socorro Land Grant families. Well, I'm still working on it. I've registered a book publishing company with the state and city, but I'm probably 2 or 3 months away from finishing this project.
 
3. I said that I would publish articles in a number of publications this year. I didn't publish one *darn* article in ANY journal this year. Oops.
 
 
So, what are my resolutions for this year:
 
1. Get to the 10,000 mark on my database. That's doable. I added nearly 2,000 names this year.
 
2. Publish part I of my Socorro Land Grant book. Yes! I can do this.
 
3. Maybe publish an article or two in a journal or newspaper I haven't published in before. I can do this.
 
4. Complete my indexing of Socorro death certificates found on FamilySerch.org. I indexed quite a lot this year already. I think I can finish. See my other blog, The Socorro Land Grant Research Project, for the death certificates I've already indexed.
 
That's it! Four resolutions this year, instead of three. I guess I never learn.
 
Happy New Year!


No comments: