The Baca / Douglas Genealogy and Family History Blog

24 January 2016

Socorro High School Class of 1931

My grandmother Pablita (or Pauline) Zimmerly was the class valedictorian of the Socorro High School (Socorro, New Mexico) graduating class of 1931.

Here is some information about that class:

Class Roll:
Max Baca
Salomon Chavez
Walter Herkenhoff
Cristobal Romero
Matias Torres
Flora Baca
Edna Miller
Tersilla Olguin
Josephine Sickles
Juanita Sisneros
Pauline Zimmerly
Walter Darr

Class Motto: "Dig"
Class Flower: Poppy
Class Colors: Blue and Gold

It would be interesting to find out who these students were. If my grandmother were alive today, she would be 106 years old (born 10 December 1909.)

Click here to see a copy of the graduation program posted on Evernote.

1 comment:

Christina Fajardo said...

Hi, my name is Christina Fajardo. I ran across your blog while researching my ancestry. My ancestors on my father's side of the family were from Socorro. My great great grand father, Jose Julian Fajardo was born in Socorro on December 20, 1817. His father Jose Antonio Fajardo lived and died in Socorro in 1856 as did his wife, Maria Guadalupe Chavez. I have another great great grandfather named Tiburcio Chavez who was born there in 1830 and my great grandmother Maria Felipa Chavez was born there in 1863. I am looking for more information about them.

Please contact me!
Thanks,
Christina

christinafajardo@gmail.com