The Baca / Douglas Genealogy and Family History Blog

12 August 2013

Silva Family reunion in Socorro ... last month.

Here's a link to an El Defensor Chieftain article about a Silva family reunion in Socorro: http://www.dchieftain.com/2013/08/01/family-reunion-celebrates-couple-married-in-1916.

I didn't attend, am not directly related to this family, and didn't know about it until someone posted the link on the NMGS Facebook page, but I thought I would share it with my readers.

By the way, did you know that I wrote an article about one of my Silva ancestors:

Robert J. C. Baca, "From Sabinal to Socorro: Descendants of Maria Clara Lorenza Silva, Born 1794", New Mexico Genealogist, 48 (March 2009), pages 39-43.

If you are interested in my article, you may order it from the NMGS webpage at www.nmgs.org

No comments: