As I've mentioned before, I have a set of 2nd great grandparents named Samuel and Maria Paubla (Torres) Zimmerly. They were the parents of six children, including my great-grandfather Estevan Zimmerly. Sadly, Samuel Zimmerly died before any of his children were married and had their own children. In fact, Samuel died just 40 days after my great-grandfather was born. However, Paubla was able to see all of her children marry, and the births or many, if not all, of her grandchildren.
Below, I have the marriage records of all six of the Zimmerly children. Interestingly enough, they were married in the same sequence as they were born.
All of these records can be found in Socorro Marriages, Archives of the Archdiocese of Santa Fe, FHL (Family History Library) Microfilm # 16997. I did my research at the Albuquerque Special Collections Library.
- Juan Jose Zimmerle married Isabel Torres, the daughter of Eduardo Torres and Juliana Ortega, on 8 February 1888.
- Gertrudes Zimmerly married Herminio Torres, the son of Jose Torres y Padilla and the deceased Maria Dolores Gallegos, on 1 November 1889.
- Ricardo Zimmerly married Eloisa Stackpole, the daughter of Ricardo Stackpole and Elisia Torres, on 26 February 1900.(There is also a record on the same frame for my paternal great-grandparents Juan Baca and Carolina Bourguignon.)
- Maria Dolores Zimmerly married Ricardo Abeyta, the widower of Leonides Chaves, on 31 March 1902.
- Teresa Zimmerly married Estanislado Miera, the son of Narcisio Miera and Placida Montoya, on 28 May 1906.
- Esteban Zimmerly married Delfina Torres, the daughter of Jose Epitacio Torres and Guadalupe Padilla, on 22 April 1908.